Harrogate is a great town to experience on foot. A compact and accessible town centre with distinct areas of character and heritage, areas of wide open space and formal gardens of the highest quality make Harrogate an enriching and inviting place to explore. Shopping, eating and drinking, entertainment venues, hotels and conference venues are all within easy reach of the town centre and visitors can escape the crowds with ease and search out some of the towns interesting corners and side streets.
Walking has many benefits for you and the environment, whilst also being free and suitable for all ages and fitness levels. It is a consistent and reliable form of transport, allowing you to always get to your destination on time. Why not take in the surroundings and the fresh sea air while you travel in and around Harrogate and see the sights it has to offer?
Physically, walking can:
- help build up your stamina;
- burn excess calories; and
- provides positive benefits for your heart -a brisk 10 minute walk each day can provide you with benefits to your health and works towards your recommended 150 minutes of weekly exercise! NHS.uk
Mentally, walking can:
- reduce stress, anxiety and fatigue
- improve self-esteem, self-perception, mood and sleep quality. WalkingForHealth.org.uk
Did you know that walking briskly for just 10 continuous minutes counts as exercise?
A regular 10 minute brisk walk can make you feel better in so many ways. It can boost your energy, clear your head and lift your mood. It can also improve your health and reduce your risk of serious illnesses like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, dementia and some cancers.
Download the free app and start today with a 10 minute brisk walk and then see if you can gradually build up to more each day.
For more information visit: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/active10/home