Following our survey which found only 1 in 10 commuters in Harrogate choose an environmentally friendly way to travel, we are offering those living and working in Harrogate a chance to win a month’s free use of the iconic Brompton bicycle this May.
North Yorkshire County Council, as part of the Open Harrogate initiative, has partnered with Brompton, manufacturer of the iconic folding bike to offer you the opportunity to trial the folding bike and beat the town’s traffic.
If you’re a Harrogate commuter nominate yourself to win use of one of ten Brompton bikes on offer by filling out the form here. Fill in the form and explain what impact a Brompton folding bike will have on your health, time, money and the environment.
The competition is open until Monday 30 April and the ten lucky winners will have use of the bike from Tuesday 8 May until Friday 8 June.
Winners will be able to use the bikes for anything, whether it’s commuting to work, for leisure or to take away for the weekend. The modern town bikes are a popular alternative to driving because they make it easier for commuters to use more than one method of transport. The streamlined designs allow people to travel on public transport as they are easier to store on buses or trains.
multi-mode journeys easier, where commuters use more than one method of transport. With their streamlined design, they make life easier because they’re easier to store in the car or for taking on a train.
As part of the competition the winners will be invited to share their thoughts on how using the bike has helped them with their daily travels on social media or via the Open Harrogate website.
This collaboration is part of North Yorkshire County Council’s Open Harrogate initiative, which encourages residents to opt for more sustainable transport to get to work; such as walking, cycling or car sharing.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- The closing date for entries is Monday 30th April 2018
- Winners will be notified on the week commencing Monday 30th April 2018
- Winners should be available to collect the bike from a central Harrogate location on Tuesday 8th May 2018
- Entrants must provide a maximum of 50 words on what difference the bike will make to their time, money, the environment and their health for their entries to be considered
- Entrants must be 18 and above and provide a credit card as a security deposit (please note this is just for security purposes and you will not be charged)
- This competition is open to those who commute to Harrogate or residents who commute within Harrogate, to be considered you must provide proof of that you work or live in Harrogate
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date
- Entries should be submitted through the entry form on the Open Harrogate website openharrogate.co.uk , or through the Open Harrogate Facebook and Twitter pages where the form will be advertised. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number.
- It is a condition of winning this competition that winners provide a comment, which can be social media posts or a blog post for example, on the impact using this bike has had on their commute to be used in publicity by North Yorkshire County Council and Brompton.
- Late entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt
- The winning entries will be those which are judged to have shown that the bike will have the biggest impact on their time, money, the environment or their health.
- The winner will be notified within one week of the closing date of the competition
- The winners will be asked to take part in publicity
- The winners’ name may be used for the Initiative’s publicity purposes
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives
- Winners are responsible for ensuring the bike is returned in the same condition, any damages or loss of property will be the responsibility of the winner. Compensation will be sought against the winner’s security deposit on their credit card.